News and research before hearing about it on CNBC and others. Request your 1 week free trial to Street Insider Premium here.
CleanSpark, Inc. (Nasdaq: CLSK) (the “Company” or “CleanSpark”), a United States Bitcoin Miner™, today released its unaudited bitcoin mining and trading update for the month ending January 31, 2023 .
“We had a banner month, and not just because we mined a record amount of bitcoin,” said Zach Bradford, CEO. “We also had our most reliable month ever, achieving 98% uptime across all of our sites. This remarkable achievement is the direct result of some of the most dedicated and hard-working teams in the public bitcoin mining sector. This fact is one of the hallmarks of the CleanSpark way and is central to our operating strategy as one of the largest proprietary miners in North America.
“As a proprietary mining company, we exercise tremendous control over our ability to meet targets by building our own infrastructure and installing our equipment according to our own schedule. Plus, we have more control over our resources, which translates into more uptime. This month’s mining update is a perfect example of this approach in action, which has allowed us to grow rapidly and operate reliably.”
January Bitcoin Mining Update (Unaudited)
- Bitcoin mined in January: 697, 50% more than in December 2022
- 2023 Calendar year bitcoin mined: 697
- Total BTC holdings as of Jan 31: 301 BTC, up 32% from Dec 2022
- Total BTC converted for operations and growth in January: 624
- Currently deployed fleet of around 66,000 next-generation bitcoin miners with a hashrate of 6.6 EH/s, 7% higher than December 2022 and 214% higher than January 2022
The Company funded growth and operations through the sale of 624 bitcoins in January 2023 at an average of approximately $19K per BTC. The BTC sales equaled revenue of approximately $11.9 million. The daily January BTC mined averaged around 22.5 and peaked at 24.2.